Monday, March 14, 2011

Best. Cookies. Ever.

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



Recipe from here: http://cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Almond-Butter-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies.aspx?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d7c0c9875381912%2C0.







In my stocking last Christmas I got a Clean Eating magazine. I loved the recipes in it and have since gone to their website to find more. Everything I've made from this magazine is AWESOME. But, these cookies are simply one of the best things I've ever eating and SO easy to make. Seriously, when I took the first bite, I said outloud, "Oh sweet baby Jesus!" They are that good.


1 c. almond butter (I used raw almond butter, which is essentially ground almonds. You could make this yourself or buy it at the store.)

3/4 organic cane sugar (recipe calls for Sucant, which is essentially the same thing-I think.)

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 egg

3 oz. dark chocolate pieces (I live for dark chocolate. Splurge and buy the good stuff.)


Mix 1st five ingredients (super easy to mix, can do it with a spoon or scrapper). Add in chocolate. Form into balls. Cook in 350 preheated oven for 10-12 min. Cook on baking sheets for 5 min. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.


I cooked mine for 14-16 min. because they were so big. But, you really have to take them out when they look not quite done. They will cook and harden as they cool on the pans. Also, I rolled a few of them in shredded coconut for some added flavor. Haven't tried one of those yet.


Go make these cookies! They are well worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment