After "treating" myself to cable TV and Internet at my apartment last year, I decided that when I moved I wouldn't get cable so that I wouldn't be distracted (and save some $$). Well, I heard rumors from other tenants in my new building that they had cable in their apartments that they hadn't paid for. I decided to try it out and, low and behold, I have FREE cable in my new place. I just plugged the TV in and the cable work. So, while I'm totally excited to see what TLC, Discovery Health and the History Channel have been doing in my absence, I must admit that I can't get ANYTHING done. I have my first mid-term tomorrow and I'm so resistant to studying. I seem to have no focus anymore and I just can't convince myself to turn the TV off. I keep thinking that I can study while the TV is on, but look at me, I'm online, blogging, instead of studying for my evidence exam.
Also, I think that watching TV makes us feel more tired because it fatigues our eyes. Ugh! Why the free cable, cable-people? Don't you know I have things I need to do?
I guess TV is another habit I'm going to have to break, just like my addiction to caffeine.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment