Friday, October 30, 2009

Detox

I started this blog when I first gave up caffeine. I originally thought that the detox process would take a few weeks and then I would feel fine. Well, for anyone out there who wants to give up caffeine but is unsure about what the side effects will be, let me just warn you that you better be prepared for the long haul. It only took a few weeks for me to no longer crave coffee but the actual detox took MONTHS. But, you will feel better eventually so you should STICK WITH IT.

I can't put into words how much better I feel without caffeine in my life. When I wake up, my mind and body are actually awake. When I go to bed, I actually fall asleep. And losing my daily starbucks habit has saved me a lot of money.

I'm a law student and every day I'm surrounded by hundreds of people my age who are addicted to caffeine. And what do I see when I look at them? Sleepy people! Caffeines not doing such a hot shot job and keeping y'all awake and alert. So, maybe it's time we all kicked the habit?

1 comment:

  1. I gave up coffee for a few months. It was fine. I liked it. And then I realized that I also like coffee. Much more than I liked being without caffeine.

    The thing is, though, that I half about a cup a day. Sometimes not even that. And on the weekends, I drink maybe two. I have no trouble falling asleep, and I had problems getting up before I started drinking coffee regularly.

    But I like the idea of giving up caffeine. Just like I like the idea of being a vegetarian. Obviously, I am doing neither. Does that say something about my resolve?

    ReplyDelete