Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Color Green

It is no secret to anyone who knows me or has met me that my favorite color is green. Some attribute it to the fact that my birthday is on St. Pat's day, but this is only part of the reason why I love the color green. My mom told me that when I was a tiny kid I told her that I loved the grass because it was green and pretty. Then, when I was old enough to put two and two together and realized that my b-day was on St. Pat's when everyone wore green, I felt that it was only right to officially adopt green as my favorite of all the colors. After all these years, I think I've truly accepted green as the greatest color there is. I'm naturally drawn to it. I love green landscapes, green food, green clothes, green eyes, green art. Anything green just catches my eye.

But, there is one big drawback to being so devoted to one color. Everyone knows it. And it is easy for all my b-day and Christmas gifts to be green. When I receive the gift, I'm ecstatic. I love it. But, it's on those mornings when I walk out of my apartment wearing green socks, a green shirt, one of my two green coats, green rain boots, green purse, with my green travel mug, I start to wonder if maybe I'm making this green statement a little too obvious.

I've tried to wean myself off of my color of choice. I try to through some red in there, plenty of blue, and play around with brown. But, you know, in the end I just can't deny who I am.

I, Robyn, am a green lover. And I'm going to continue to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment