So, I finally started running again. I recently moved to a quieter neighborhood, so I actually feel comfortable going for a run after work. I also found a nice route, so I can just go out and run and not think about it too much. Today was day three of my new running cycle. I'm hoping to make it a daily thing.
Other things I'm working at:
1) Give up caffeine again.
2) Keep alcoholic beverages to Friday and Saturday.
3) Stay away from processed foods.
4) Run a 5, 8 or 10K this fall.
The BF is currently one of his health kicks, giving up processed carbs, caffeine, and alcohol completely, and I'm trying to ride his momentum. I've been feeling really sluggish lately and out of sorts, so I'm trying to take control of my own health and make positive changes. It's actually working, too. After my first run on Monday evening, I felt amazing. Quite possibly the first time I've experienced the "runner's high". It inspired me to keep running every day.
We really have to become aware that we hold our own health in our hands. We can make good choices and feel amazing, or make bad choices and feel like crap. It's hard to really be healthy in our society and many people just succumb to the quick and easy route or bad eating, no exercise, too much stress, and not enough sleep. I have to remind myself that everything I put in or do to my body is a choice I make and I can make choices on the road to ultimate health or not.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment