No, this blog post is not about how to make airports more efficient. I'm just sitting in an airport and I'm having some ideas. So, I thought I would blog about them. I asked myself a long time ago if I died tomorrow would I die with any regrets. I really thought about it and found out that I would have a ton of regrets. Not your usual list of things to do like go skydiving or travel to France. My regrets were mostly a list of little things I keep telling myself I'm going to do but put off one day after the next. At that time, I had resolved to start making choices that would keep me from having regrets. It was a tough lifestyle to sustain so I quickly fell back into the rut of living each day without thinking much about what I would regret if it all ended. Today I still have a long list of things I want to do but haven't. So, in an attempt to keep myself honest, I thought I would blog about a few of them. Maybe writing them down will inspire me to actually accomplish some of them.
1. Get published. Well, at least get published and get paid for it.
2. Apologize to people I've hurt (intentionally or not-this is a long list).
3. Do real stand-up.
4. Sing karaoke by myself. If this is a big hit, I'd like to start playing my guitar and singing in public.
5. Learn how to play the fiddle, bag pipe and accordion.
6. Meet E.L. Doctorow.
7. See my family's castle in Ireland.
8. Reconnect with people I still love and have lost in the hope that they still love me.
9. Tell random, overweight strangers how many calories are in Starbucks frapachinos.
10. Learn how to properly iron a shirt.
11. Teach.
That's all I can think of, for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

#9 Might get you killed. Or at least punched. You may want to reconsider.
ReplyDeleteI can help with #10, assuming the very particular way my mother taught me to iron a shirt is "proper."
#9 was inspired by the lady sitting next to me at the airport. I was hoping she would be reading my blog entry over my sholder.
ReplyDeleteI really need held with #10. I am often wrinkled.